Fall Food!

One of the things that I love the most about Fall is all of the baking and cooking. Not even just Thanksgiving. My favorite things to make are the sweet or salty stuff. Definitely not the stuff that's good for you!
This year, we did something completely new at home and then I did something completely new. 

We decided to make Caramel and Candied Apples. Sticky, messy, and yet oh so delicious! 
They were a lot easier to make then I thought they were going to be. 
We just needed to get: Apples, Caramel Squares, Candy Mix, Wax Paper and Popsicle Sticks.
Obviously, we had to wash the apples first and break off the stem!
 
 I did the classic elementary school trick: 
Each twist shows how many kids I'm going to have. Six? I don't think so.
I shoved the Popsicle sticks in the center and heated up the caramel and candy mix in their own pans.
Until they melted, I crushed some peanuts for on top. Once the caramel and candy were all melted, we just dipped the apples in, covered them, and laid them on the wax paper to dry!

YUM! 

Then, after we finished carving pumpkins, I decided it was time for me to learn how to make my own pumpkin seeds. I've only ever eaten my mom's pumpkin seeds and I knew I would need to learn how to make them myself someday. Super easy!
You can find my favorite recipe here!

1 comment