Young & In Love: Alexa and Tyler


Hello girls! I am new to blogging but I would love to tell you about my fiancé and I. My name's Alexa and I am senior at Bloomsburg University majoring in Special Education and Early Childhood Education. My fiancés name is Tyler and he is a sophomore at Bloomsburg University as well majoring in Anthropology. It all started about 5 1/2 years ago when I was a junior in high school. I was just always hanging out with my friends and never really thought about dating until one of my friends told me about this boy named Tyler. I wasn't too sure if I even wanted a boyfriend at the time but I asked my friend for his phone number. I remember that day to this day very clearly. It was in the summertime while I was cleaning out my room, that I got the guts to text him. I was like hey this is Alexa just wondered if you would want to go to the movies sometime! Haha. At that time it didn't sound silly to me but now when I look back “I’m like, oh my I can't believe I said that!” He replied with “yes”! Ever since that first text is what got us to where we are today.
 
We started hanging out more and more that summer and when school started we became an official couple. At this point I was a junior and Tyler was a freshman so I got remarks made to me constantly about “robbing the cradle”. On October 13, 2008, we decided to be that official couple and if it wasn't for that day I don't know where I would be today. I always knew that Tyler was the one for me because he came out to my sporting events and supported me in every way possible! Of course I was the same way to him. I graduated high school and commuted to Bloomsburg University. It was hard with Tyler being in high school still and me in college but we managed. Then Tyler graduated high school and we both decided to go to East Stroudsburg University to be with each other. From that decision, I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. We now both go to Bloomsburg University where I am graduating in December and Tyler is a sophomore.  

 
The proposal was something I was not expecting at all but something I always talked about with Tyler. For some reason I knew he was the one I saw myself with for the years to follow. Every Christmas Eve morning my parents, Tyler's parents, and Tyler's brother and sister get together to exchange Christmas gifts. Each year we change houses and this year it was at Tyler's house. I let Tyler open his presents and then it was my turn. I had one big box that felt very light and I was like  ”hmm”. Then inside that box was another box wrapped up. I unwrapped the box and to my surprise Tyler is getting down on one knee at this time and I opened it up and it was a beautiful ring. Tyler did his thing with asking me if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and of course I said yes:) It was special to me because my parents and the people that cared the most about us where there to celebrate with us. Yes we are young and in love but trust me the five years we have been together, can prove to all that know us that we are met to be together.  
 
 
As far as wedding planning goes, we do not have a date set yet but we will be deciding this summer. We know that we will be waiting until summer 2016 so that we are both graduated from college. Hopefully by that time I will also have a full time job teaching. We will be getting married close to home since most of our family lives around us. There will be between 200-250 guest invited. Yes, that is a lot of guests but we both have a lot of family members. I have been attending bridal expos since I got engaged and it has been something that has really helped me with planning. I kind of have an idea of a theme and colors but nothing is definite yet, as we have two years until the wedding. We do know our bridal party, which will include 6 bridesmaids and 6 groomsmen. This is all the planning that I have done, but each day I find new things and Pinterest is my best friend: Thanks for your time! If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
-Alexa
 
 
 photo Signature_zpscdc2c44c.png

No comments