Where my life, began.

Not to say it was nothing before, but this is when I truly started embracing my life for what it was.
My senior year, I made so many decisions, decisions that really altered my life forever. Everything happens for a reason. While those decisions were hard, they were the best I ever made.  

Why?
I won a pageant, was on our Snow Dance court, I made new friends, I had the freedom to be me and do whatever I wanted, to explore. I was held back by absolutely nothing. I was in complete control.
For those of you who know me, you know that this is when my life started.

I know what you are thinking, an eighteen year old's life doesn't start senior year, and it's definitely not because of meeting a boy. No, it doesn't, that's true. But, let me say this, I believe that the people you have in your life, highly influence the way that you live it and take advantage of it. The people you surround yourself with, change the way you see things. Some, are a bad influence, some hold you back. 
And he, along with my new friends, and my family (of course!) changed everything, for the better.
But this, is about him.

Who is he? 
He, would be Jason, who is now, my fiance.


I met him during my first semester of study hall, of course, my senior year. 
Oddly enough, it all started with a slideshow I made, of my favorite items sorted by each color of the rainbow. I seriously begged him to watch it, knowing he wouldn't be interested in a single thing that I was showcasing. He didn't want to watch it, which I knew would happen. So, I, offended, said "I really don't like you." After this, he watched the "stupid" slideshow, and at the end, told me he was colorblind. Funny way to meet, right? I'm just all too talented in the art of saying stupid things that I regret. That moment, followed with me telling him and another boy that, "We are all just friends," and when Jason tried to get my phone number, "Just so you know, I like three other boys." Typical. 
You know what happened then, fuel got added to the fire. 
A challenge. Though I was and wasn't much of one.

On May 15, 2011 after four whole months of seeing each other every single day, I finally decided to date him. After I said yes, an adventure followed behind. I was exploring new things, doing things differently, and facing all of my fears. Big and Small.
He brought me out of my shell and into the world in a sense.
Where one door closes, another door opens. 
& now, everything is different and better than it was before I knew him.

So, on July 2, 2012 after being together for a year and almost 2 months, he decided to propose.
In the most perfect way. On vacation, in North Carolina, on a Dolphin cruise. 
My favorite animals. Right after we saw them.

His words, "You know I love you, right?"
& yes, I do. Forever and always you did, have, and always will. For me. Imperfections and all.
The only thing left to do was to answer.
Drum roll, please?
"Did you ask my parents?" 
I seriously said that. I'm an ass, right! 
But, of course, yes, absolutely, one hundred times yes. 

So now, no longer a senior in high school, but a sophomore in college,
The planning,
& our life,
Begins, together. 
Finally. 


I love you.
♥ 

signature-2

No comments