Something New & Something Blue!

In order to keep me from going crazy with all the wedding information, tips, and ideas, I decided I would need an extremely organized place to keep everything in, typical to my style. But it couldn't be just anything. It had to be special, something I could carry around, and very easily personalized. It took about half an hour walking around Wally World (Wal-Mart for those of you who don't know) and a lot of deliberation.
I saw expanding folders, binders, planners, notebooks, anything that seemed like it would work amazingly.
Everything I saw, though, I wanted it to be pink. My color. Until I saw the one item that changed it all. It literally screamed wedding, to me. 
Say hello to my new, amazing, wedding planner.
Thank you, Studio C, for having the cutest items! The second I saw it, I knew this was it. It's not like the typical binders that are plastic and break under pressure, so if anything, I knew that this is what I needed. It's portable, pretty, and can hold some serious weight! All I needed to do was figure out my next step, how I would organize everything I had cut out of magazines, contacts I had come across, and all the extremely important details. I also knew that however I did this, I would need a lot of easy labeling.
I also knew that, with a very messy little kitten, an extremely clumsy me, and a seriously messy sister, this binder's pages would need a lot of protecting. It could only imagine how much coffee I can spill or the terror my little Sofia could impose. Page protectors it was. I couldn't just slide my items into them, so I decided I would collage all of my little cut outs on plain paper and slide them in, dividing them with seperators.
All in all, I ended up walking out of Wally World with less than $20 spent on this project and began working on something much more valuable. Something I will carry with me (literally) and can keep forever.

Introducing, my wedding planner!
(Not even near finished of course.)
I decided to make a cover page, laying out the basic theme of what we would like.
For now, as we know how much my plans can change around, we are set on a theme based on our song,
"Honeybee" by Blake Shelton.
What is possibly more fitting than my favorite color and a love as sweet as honey?!
Cheesy, I know.
Behind the cover page, I placed a sample of the invitations I scored for 25 cents at a yard sale.
40 Invitations, for 25 cents. Like I could say no to that, especially when it is a box set by Brides Magazine!
It will be so much easier to show people at appointments exactly what we are expecting and planning.
I knew, that in order to also keep me sane, I would need an awesome countdown calendar to make sure I am up to date and don't forget a thing!
One of the most important parts, to me, is the dress. I am very particular about the fabric I want and I know I need a sweetheart neckline. Anything aside from that, I will try.


Every item from retailers that I receive also gets put in this category.
After the dresses, I have some hair styling ideas and some makeup ideas. The tab after this has to do with the Groom! I'm waiting on him to help me out with that. So far, I have a few ideas for his ring pasted in there and an idea or two for the little Ring Bearer! Then I have the Bridesmaids and Flower Girl tab! Of course that will stay a surprise for them! I can't wait for SOME of their input! 
My next tab has to do with the ceremony and reception, obviously a rustic theme!
Jason and I have a few potential venues picked out, but of course it's all going to depend on the visits.

I then have favors and bridal party gifts in the works and I slid in the photograph ideas.
Pictures are EXTREMELY important to me, so I want to make sure that I have as many examples of what I am looking for as possible!
Next I have the registry checklist/ideas and some budgeting tips. 
I am so into doing things myself as opposed to paying someone to do them for me. I want to be a part of my wedding and I want my family/friends to be engaged in it as well!

I figure that the more organized I am, the more I will be able to relax and enjoy the whole process, not to mention be easier to deal with! 

signature-2

1 comment