Why I've Slacked Off, But Didn't Really.

So, what have I been up to that I was too busy to call, blog, or even hang out with friends?
A LOT. 
Let me tell you, right here, is one hard-working girl. 
Two weeks is what it took to do this massive project. 
Curious yet? 
We laid a Patio. It still isn't done. We still need to add the fire pit. 
First, we had to cut up the grass and roll it. We used it to cover up some areas where grass wasn't growing. Can't even tell it isn't supposed to be there!
 That's my honey taking a rest on the steps & his daddy (my future father-in-law!) leveling the cracker-dust, (6 tons of it!) so that we could start using the tamper.
 Does anyone know just how hard it is to level out the ground?! And it has to be just right so that the pavers lay flat and so there aren't any random bumps or curves in the patio.
 Yes, that is me, using a tamper. We used to to pack in the cracker dust.
 He was a good supervisor even though I didn't need it. I'm just that good. 
That, and if I wasn't good, I wouldn't get paid in my numerous root beer floats!
 Over the course of two weeks, we worked day and night, non-stop so that we could get all the pavers laid.
 The circle was by far the hardest part of all. We struggled to find out how to square it off.
 Obviously, we did a pretty good job. We tamped it down again to pack sand through it and then we were done. Until we put together the rock fire pit!
 On a final note: Look how adorable the fiance is when he's cheesin' it up. Adorbs!

 photo Untitled_zps23be154f.png

No comments